Saturday, January 22, 2011

The 80s. . . A 10-Year Long Bad Hair Day. . . .

Something short and fun today. I had this little video clip sent to me a by a friend. Since I've just come off two weeks of studying youth culture with a group of Doctoral students, I'm thirsting for something light-hearted that points to the fact that culture changes and changes fast. This video from 1986 fits the bill. Look at all the hair on stage and in the audience. . . . Wow! In some ways, it's a good thing that youth culture marches on! I wonder what they'll be saying about 2011 in twenty-five years?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They'll be laughing at skinny jeans.

john mcclung said...

'86 was a great year--the year I graduated from high school--and a few of those rock legends don't even have hair today!